Posted By 0 Comment(s) 9181 View(s) Hurricane Preparation , Hurricane Shutters , Financing & Grants
Hurricane shutters are designed to protect your home or business from severe weather conditions, such as high winds and flying debris during a hurricane. There are several reasons why you may need them:
- Protection: Hurricane shutters provide an added layer of protection for your home or business. They can help prevent damage to your property from flying debris and high winds, keeping your family or employees safe.
- Insurance Savings: Many insurance companies offer discounts for homes and businesses that have hurricane shutters, as they are less likely to sustain damage during a storm. This can help you save money on your insurance premiums.
- Energy Efficiency: Some hurricane shutters are designed to help keep your home or business cooler in the summer and warmer in the winter. This can lead to energy savings on your utility bills.
- Enhanced Aesthetics: Hurricane shutters can be customized to match the aesthetic of your home or business, and can add value to your property.
- Peace of mind: Having hurricane shutters installed can provide peace of mind, knowing that you have taken steps to protect your property and loved ones in case of severe weather.
- Florida Law: In Florida, you may be required by law to have hurricane shutters or impact-resistant windows on your property, depending on the location and the construction code of your area.
It is important to note that it is not only important to have hurricane shutters, but also to have them installed properly and maintained regularly to ensure they will function as intended during a storm event.